Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Eye Opener: Junk on the Brain

Antiques: Any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or anything similar, created or produced in a former period, or around 100 years before date of purchase.
Junk/Junking: Any old discarded material.
Flea Market: A market that is usually outdoors, consisting of a number of individual stalls selling old or used items such as antiques and other merchandise.
Thrift Shop: A retail store that sells secondhand goods at reduced rates.
Upcycling: Component of sustainability in which the use of waste materials to provide  new products. Taking something disposable and making it into something of greater use and value.

  1. All these terms relate to environmental health. They all have to do with reusing teh materials and goods that we already have and putting them to good use as something else instead of just trashing them.
  2. Antiques- Father Time Antiques, 395 S Lake Ave #1, Duluth, MN, 55802-2311. (218) 625-2379. I was not able to find a website for this store.                                                                                     Junk- Jadco Special Haulers Inc, 4011 Rehbein Road, Duluth, MN, 55803-9274. (218)724-5538. I was unable to find a website for this place as well.                                                                             Flea Market- Wabasha Flea Market, Highway 61 and Industrial Court Box 230, Wabasha Minnesota. 55981, 651-565-4767. I could not find a website for this place.                                                                                                                                    Thrift Store- Goodwill, 700 Garfield Avenue, Duluth, MN, 55802                                      Upcycling- Ingvald's Custom Builds, 25 West Redwing Street, Duluth, MN 55803. 701-361-8827.
  3. Towel Bar- I like this idea of a towel bar. I live with 5 other people and some of them are always just using the hand towel, bunching it up and tossing it aside so that it never drys. I think a smaller version of this would be perfect for our bathroom!                                                                                  Sign- I have always thought that plaques and posters with cute sayings on them were always nice to look at. I love that idea of writing what you want on a sign for everyone to see and read. It tells a little about the kind of person you are.                                                                                               Table Art- I thought this was a really cool idea. Using a card table as wall art, I never would have thought of it and when I looked at the picture it looks completely natural. It doesn't even look like a table at all even. I really like it because it looks really nice and simple and I like simple things the best. 

3 comments:

  1. I like Goodwill as well, you can really find some hidden treasures there. I'll have to go and check out Ingvald's Custom Builds, that sounds interesting. I also, like that towel bar idea, very cool. You could put that in your kitchen or bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the towel bar creation. You could go searching for items at Goodwill that you could use as a towel rack, if you don't already have something that you could use at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wine signs! This lady's blog seems really cool and thank you for showing it to us...I cant wait to read more of it!

    ReplyDelete