Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reflections: week 1-7

I wasn't very excited about this class coming into to it but I have to say that I have changed my mind about how I feel about this class. I'm finding that I am learning a lot of new things and I am really enjoying myself in this class. One of my favorite parts about this class is the discussions we have. We  really get into it when we have discussions and that's what I love most about them. No one is holding back or afraid to share their opinion.

The first two weeks were kinda slow just getting into what the class was about and starting to learn what the topic of Environmental Health was all about.

Weeks 3-7 was when I started to read my book called Hope's Edge: The Next Diet for a Small Planet.
I really enjoyed this book and it showed me a lot about what was going on in our world.



The Movies that we have been watching in class have also been really informative for me. It's kind of sad to learn about all the issues going on in our environment. Not only that but all the big corporations with all the problems are choosing to do nothing about it.

This class is one that I am starting to look forward to now. I love our class discussions and the work we have to do outside is not very difficult which I love considering all the other work I am doing

2 comments:

  1. Your book looks really interesting! What was the most important thing you learned?

    I agree the movies we have been watching have been very informative and scary. I want to share these movies with everyone because I feel many citizens are unaware of the major problems we are currently facing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the documentaries are the best part of this class. I love learning about all these different issues, even though they are sad. Glad you agree :)

    ReplyDelete