Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ecological Footprint




I took the quiz and was shocked by my results. I wasn't aware before this quiz on how much I consume and use on a regular basis on my own. My impact showed that it would take 4.3 worlds to hold people like me. Once I read that I was really taken back. I felt bad about just how much me alone was affecting the environment. Now that I am aware I know that I will be actively trying to cut back on my ecological footprint.

Some things that I know that I can easily do improve my footprint is to buy locally grow food and bring my own reusable bags. On nice days instead of taking the bus I could walk to and from campus. Just these small little changes can help me to start cutting back on my footprint.


3 comments:

  1. There is no need to feel too bad because a lot of us got scores like that. I think as college students there are certain things that we have no control over. There are tons of things that we can do though; for us it is the small things that count the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelby, there is no need to feel down because you are one step ahead of most people. You now know that you could improve your actions to lead a healthier life for yourself and the environment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt bad too after learning my results on how I was affecting the planet. But as long as we are conscious of what we are doing and want to make a change for the better, and take steps towards doing so, I think says a lot.

    ReplyDelete